Sunday, February 12, 2012

S04 E03: Wouldstalk

This week, we wanted to create another fabulous musical theme episode. This usually means less work for us and more music for you. But you may have noticed that despite intentions we, well, like to chat. And so with all the songs about "stalking" and our conversations on the subject, the episode clocks in at nearly two hours. I guess it's enough for the dedicated fan to really get to know us with. Enjoy!

A meeting of the Awkward Silences Radio Show Fan Club

PLAYLIST

The Police - Every Breath You Take
Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
Lionel Ritchie - Hello

Kate Nash - We Get On
Blondie - One Way or Another
Tegan and Sara - Living Room

Sarah McLachlan - Possession
Badly Drawn Boy - Everybody's Stalking
Eminem - Stan

Radiohead - Creep
Coldplay - Shiver

Garbage - #1 Crush

LINKS

Facebook, apparently, is using you.

SNL's Digital Short, "Do the Creep"

3 comments:

William Robert said...

Boy! You both sure know your music.

I had no idea that there were so many stalker songs. I am not sure which is more disturbing; the fact that Alissa was familiar with all those creepy songs, or the fact that I like most of them! What does this mean?

The only one that I could add to your list is "Nights on Broadway" by the Bee Gees. However, its tough to understand the lyrics because of Barry Gibbs hyper-falsetto. Due to my dislike of that type of disco music, I am grateful that you chose not to play it.

My introduction to Sarah McLachlan music was watching an episode of the TV show: Due South. The song "Possession" fit the script perfectly - very moving. Great show it was.

Like his uncle, Tyler has always appreciated his 'alone time'.

Now that the Oscars have been handed out, it might be worth reviewing some of the big winners.


Until next time,

Take care,
Brutus

Smarties said...

Liked the "stalker" show too. I am amazed that you found so much to discuss about this genre (???? if there is such a thing: the stalking genre). And so many songs about it. I think what I liked about this episode is that it makes my weirdness seem so much more... normal. Off to do some stalking...

Smarties said...

Forgot to mention: I think this is the episode you mentioned Anthony Bordain. Don't watch his shows, don't quite agree with his attitude toward re-enactors. But I do need to point out (I am sure you know this)that most of this re-enacting business happens in North America. Very little is seen in Europe (I think). I have never been able to figure that out. Do you know why that is? Americans go nuts with the civil war and independence and Canadians re-enact different parts of history. But you never see Greek men don foustanellas (those cute white skirts and fancy shoes with pom-poms) and pretend to slaughter Turks (believe me, they would love to). I wonder why that is?